This appears to be a supplier related issue. Unfortunately, so many national brands were affected. This is a great example of how a single supplier source of a somewhat minor ingredient can a huge impact.
FDA News Release
Nestlé USA Announces Voluntary Recall of a Limited Number of DiGiorno® Pizzas, Lean Cuisine® and Stouffer’s® Products Due to the Potential Presence of Foreign Material
For Immediate Release
March 10, 2016
Consumers 1-800-681-1676 MediaRoz O’Hearn Roz.email@example.com (440) 264-5170
Nestlé USA is initiating a voluntary recall of a limited number of DiGiorno®, Lean Cuisine®, and Stouffer’s® products due to the potential presence of glass pieces. This voluntary recall covers only specific production codes of the following products:
- DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Spinach and Garlic Pizza
- DiGiorno Rising Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Thin Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Tuscan-style Chicken Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach Artichoke Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Panini
- Lean Cuisine Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
- Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna (10 oz., 37 oz. and 96 oz. sizes)
- Stouffer’s Spinach Soufflé
- Stouffer’s Chicken Lasagna
The voluntary recall is limited to the production codes listed below. To locate the production code, consumers should look on the side panel of the package. No other production codes, sizes or varieties of DiGiorno, Lean Cuisine or Stouffer’s products are affected by this recall.
No injuries have been reported. We are recalling these products because they may contain small pieces of glass that may cause injury. Although our investigation is ongoing, we believe the source of the glass is spinach that was an ingredient common to the products subject to this recall. Nestlé USA is taking this action out of an abundance of caution after several consumers reported that they had found small pieces of glass in some of these products.
Consumers who may have purchased the products listed above should not consume them but should instead contact Nestlé Consumer Services at 1-800-681-1676.
DiGiorno products affected by the recall: