When someone is into the 3rd day of uncontrollable loss of bodily fluids, my guess is they won't really be trying to determine if that food made Barky's coat more shinny.
FDA Recall Notice
K-9 Kraving Dog Food Has Announced a Voluntary Recall of Their Chicken Patties Dog Food Shipped Between July 13th - July 17th, 2015 Because The Product May Be Contaminated With Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes
Contact: Consumer: 1-800-675-1471
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – October 2, 2015 – Baltimore, MD – K-9 Kraving Dog Food has announced a voluntary recall of their Chicken Patties Dog Food shipped between July 13th - July 17th, 2015 because these products may be contaminated with Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes. Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes can affect animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
Healthy people infected with Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. Rarely, Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.
Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.
The affected product was distributed to retail stores only in Maryland. No other K-9 Kraving Dog Food products are affected.
No illnesses have been reported to date. Even though no illnesses have been reported, consumers should follow the Safe Handling Instructions printed on the K-9 Kraving Dog Food package when disposing of the affected product.
K-9 Kraving Dog Food became aware of a potential issue after receiving notification from the FDA that a routine surveillance sample of Chicken Patties tested positive for Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes.
Consumers feeding the affected product should discontinue use and monitor their pet's health, and contact their veterinarian if they have concerns. Consumers who purchased the product can obtain a full refund or exchange by either returning the product in its original packaging or bringing a proof of purchase back to their retailer.
Consumers with additional questions can call our Consumer Relations team at 1-800-675-1471 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, EST.
Robert Barrett, Chief Executive Officer of K-9 Kraving Dog Food, stated, “At K-9 Kraving Dog Food we take quality and safety very seriously. We believe that under all circumstances, health and safety comes first, and we are committed to providing the best possible nutrition for pets.”
From K-9 Cravings website
How it's made
Boesl manufactures with a difference, providing an optimally safe raw diet dog food:
- We only use proven high-quality ingredients that are stored at 8-degrees Fahrenheit on-site.
- Each and every 250-pound batch of K-9 Kraving raw diet dog food produced is carefully and accurately measured for continuity in quality, nutritional value and texture.
- We use a cold-manufacturing method; all raw food components consistently remain below 28-degrees Fahrenheit throughout the entire production and packaging process. Our team works diligently in a temperature controlled production area to avoid the onset of harmful bacteria.
- Only commercial grade stainless steel equipment is used to process and package frozen muscle meat, organ meat, ground bone and vegetables with our vitamin and mineral mix. To prevent cross-contamination, all equipment is sanitized daily and between producing varying protein formulas.
- Each complete batch of K-9 Kraving is transferred, on-site, for immediate packaging. K-9 Kraving is packaged into airtight chubs or vacuum packed patties, providing fresh tasting food for your canine companion.