Friday, April 23, 2021

FAO Releases Document on Food Safety Perspectives for Edible Insects

 FAO released a document titled, "Looking at Edible Insects from a Food Safety Perspective".  The document overviews food safety hazards associated with edible insects.   Most issues are related to the inputs, specifically the food that is fed to the insects and the environment in which the insects are raised.  A good resource to bookmark for your file....'when I forced to eat bugs'.

I personally have begun to farm meal worms...not for my consumption but for Bluebirds.  I thought I would be churning out loads of meal worms and thus would have become a popular stop on the Bluebird circuit.  Months into the process and I am still working with my initial generation.  At this rate, I am finding it difficult to feed a few Bluebirds let alone the human population.

No comments:

Post a Comment