A California man was arrested after he intentionally contaminated a salad bar with an unknown substance. A twelve year old reported being sick after eating at the establishment.
ABC10 , KXTV Lake Tahoe, CA
Man arrested for poisoning food in Lake Tahoe
11:17 PM. PST November 22, 2016
South Lake Tahoe police have arrested a man for allegedly poisoning food in self serve restaurants .
According to police, a call was reported on Sunday, Nov. 19, of possible food tampering at the Baja Fresh salsa bar, located in the “Crescent V” shopping center. Police say 43-year-old Harry Dally poured an unknown substance onto salsa.
Police said this is the same man who tampered with food at the Hot Wok self-serve food court on Tuesday, Nov. 15, at Raley's at 4000 Lake Tahoe Boulevard. Dally allegedly walked into the grocery store, approached the self-serve food display in the food court, and poured an unknown substance on top of the food. Dally then walked out of the store and left the area on foot.
Managers at Baja Fresh said there was a strong chemical odor similar to bleach coming from the salsa bar.
A 12-year-old victim reported feeling sick after eating at Baja Fresh on Saturday, Nov. 19. The victim was hospitalized, where they received treatment for symptoms similar to food poisoning. The victim has since been released from the hospital.
On Tuesday detectives served Dally a warrant to search his home. They said a contaminating substance was found during the search, but will not release what that substance is.
Dally was arrested and booked into the El Dorado County Jail. He is charged with a felony count of intentionally dispensing a contaminating substance capable of causing death or injury.
Copyright 2016 KXTV